Brussels, 27-28 October 2011 at W&K Sint-Lucas School of Architecture
Paleizenstraat 65 1030 Brussels
This conference brings together professionals, academics and experts dealing with contemporary housing studies and with pedagogic innovation. It will provide a forum for discussing current approaches to housing design and planning and the latest developments in pedagogic innovation brought about by the integration of ICT technologies in architectural education. The latest state of development of the OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus will be presented and discussed during the conference.
Conference Program Thursday 27 October
(auditorium ground floor in the morning)
13.00 informal meeting project partners and conference participants in entrance hall, ground floor
14.00 - 14.15
Welcome and Opening by Johan Verbeke, Leandro Madrazo and the Head of Department, Sint Lucas School of Architecture, Dag Boutsen
14.15 - 15.15
Chair Tomas Ooms. Presentations by
- Sedef Ozcelik, Cahide Aydın İpekçi, Tarhan Arıkan, Gebse Institute of Technology (GYTE), Faculty of Architecture, Kocaeli (Turkey): “Designing the Campus Settlement: A Studio Challenge”.
- Stefano Aragona, Department of Urban and Architectural Heritage, Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria (Italy): “Does innovation support a better quality life?”
15.15 - 15.45
15.45 - 16.45
Chair Kris Scheerlinck. Presentations by
- Alberto Altés Arlandis, Umeå School of Architecture, UMU, (Umeå Sweden), Escola Técnica Superior d'Arquitectura del Vallès, UPC, Barcelona (Spain): “Living Together: On the Role of Architecture in the Production of Habitable Collective Spaces”
- Aaron Sprecher, McGill University School of Architecture (Canada): “Implementation of Mass Customization Strategies in Housing: Survey and Reflections”.
Keynote Lecture “A better life. Appropriation and Energetic Strategies on Housing”
- by arch. Claudi Aguiló, dataAE Architects/ETSAV Barcelona (Spain)
Conference Program Friday 28 October
(room T20, second floor)
9.30 - 10.30
Chair Tomas Ooms. Presentations by
- Luis Carvão (ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon, School of Technology and Architecture, Department of Architecture and Urbanism, Portugal) Alexandra Paio (ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon, School of Technology and Architecture, Department of Architecture and Urbanism, ADETTI-IUL) (Portugal): “Emergent design for humanized housing: towards a parametric-typological design tool”.
- Ivor Mečiar, Viera Joklová, Faculty of Architecture, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (Slovak Republic): “Reflection of the multimedial design in the innovative development of housing structures”
10.30 - 11.00
11.00 - 12.00
Chair Beril Ozmen. Presentations by
- Elina Krasilnikova, Maria Prohorova, Yulia Ivanitskaya, Volgograd State Architectural and Civil Engineering University (Russia): “The design of residential complexes in the waterfront areas structure”
- Eva Morales Soler, lapanaderia studio, Faculty of Architecture, Málaga University (Spain): Web platform to promote “Housing as a Process”.
12.00 - 13.00
(auditorium ground floor in the afternoon)
13.00 - 14.15
OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus: Learning from Experience.
Chair Johan Verbeke. Presentations by some Partner Institutions
- Leandro Madrazo, ETSA La Salle, Universitat Ramon Llull, Barcelona (Spain)
- Kris Scheerlinck, School of Architecture Sint-Lucas, Brussels/Ghent (Belgium)
- Beril Ozmen, Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta (North Cyprus)
Chair Johan Verbeke. Presentations by some Associate Partners
- Norbert Kling, BTU Cottbus, (Germany): “Getting Started. Issues Relating to the Introduction of the OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus to Existing Modular Course Programmes.”
- Mónica García, ETS Arquitectura Valencia (Spain)
Michal Janak, Guillaume Dopchie, School of Architecture Sint-Lucas, Brussels/Ghent (Belgium)
14.15 - 15.30
Brainstorm session on topics in current housing design and related pedagogic models
15.30 - 16.00
Keynote Lecture “Virtual Learning Environments Supporting Creation of Architectural Knowledge”,
- by Prof. Dr. Mirjana Devetakovic, Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade, Servia
Moving Forward: strategies to expand the OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus.
An e-forum will introduce and accompany the main conference program.
A live streaming of all interventions will be available for external participants.
An exhibition related to the conference topics and to the previous OIKODOMOS activities will take place in the entrance hall of the Sint Lucas School of Architecture.
academics/professionals: 50 Euro (participation, digital proceedings, coffee/tea and lunch) or
100 Euro (participation, digital proceedings, coffee/tea, lunch and conference diner)
students: free attendance, maximum forum 20 students (without lunch nor conference dinner), to apply or to receive payment data, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org