OIKODOMOS IHL Conference:
The conference papers have been collected in this document.
Conference Program Thursday 27 October
(auditorium ground floor in the morning)
14.00 - 14.15
Welcome and Opening by Johan Verbeke, Leandro Madrazo and the Head of Department, Sint Lucas School of Architecture, Dag Boutsen
14.15 - 15.15
Chair Tomas Ooms. Presentations by
- Sedef Ozcelik, Cahide Aydın İpekçi, Tarhan Arıkan, Gebse Institute of Technology (GYTE), Faculty of Architecture, Kocaeli (Turkey): “Designing the Campus Settlement: A Studio Challenge”.
- Stefano Aragona, Department of Urban and Architectural Heritage, Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria (Italy): “Does innovation support a better quality life?”
15.15 - 15.45
15.45 - 16.45
Chair Kris Scheerlinck. Presentations by
- Alberto Altés Arlandis, Umeå School of Architecture, UMU, (Umeå Sweden), Escola Técnica Superior d'Arquitectura del Vallès, UPC, Barcelona (Spain): “Living Together: On the Role of Architecture in the Production of Habitable Collective Spaces”
- Aaron Sprecher, McGill University School of Architecture (Canada): “Implementation of Mass Customization Strategies in Housing: Survey and Reflections”.
Keynote Lecture “A better life. Appropriation and Energetic Strategies on Housing” by arch. Claudi Aguiló, dataAE Architects/ETSAV Barcelona (Spain)
Conference Program Friday 28 October
(room T20, second floor)
9.30 - 10.30
Chair Tomas Ooms. Presentations by
- Luis Carvão (ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon, School of Technology and Architecture, Department of Architecture and Urbanism, Portugal) Alexandra Paio (ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon, School of Technology and Architecture, Department of Architecture and Urbanism, ADETTI-IUL) (Portugal): “Emergent design for humanized housing: towards a parametric-typological design tool”.
- Ivor Mečiar, Viera Joklová, Faculty of Architecture, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (Slovak Republic): “Reflection of the multimedial design in the innovative development of housing structures”
10.30 - 11.00
11.00 - 12.00
Chair Beril Ozmen. Presentations by
- Elina Krasilnikova, Maria Prohorova, Yulia Ivanitskaya, Volgograd State Architectural and Civil Engineering University (Russia): “The design of residential complexes in the waterfront areas structure”
- Eva Morales Soler, lapanaderia studio, Faculty of Architecture, Málaga University (Spain): Web platform to promote “Housing as a Process”.
12.00 - 13.00
(auditorium ground floor in the afternoon)
13.00 - 14.15
OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus: Learning from Experience.
Chair Johan Verbeke. Presentations by some Partner Institutions
Leandro Madrazo, ETSA La Salle, Universitat Ramon Llull, Barcelona (Spain)
Kris Scheerlinck, School of Architecture Sint-Lucas, Brussels/Ghent (Belgium)
Beril Ozmen, Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta (North Cyprus)
Chair Johan Verbeke. Presentations by some Associate Partners
Norbert Kling, BTU Cottbus, (Germany): “Getting Started. Issues Relating to the Introduction of the OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus to Existing Modular Course Programmes.”
Mónica García, ETS Arquitectura Valencia (Spain)
Michal Janak, Guillaume Dopchie, School of Architecture Sint-Lucas, Brussels/Ghent (Belgium)
14.15 - 15.30
Brainstorm session on topics in current housing design and related pedagogic models, led by Paul Riddy (UK)
15.30 - 16.00
Keynote Lecture “Virtual Learning Environments Supporting Creation of Architectural Knowledge”, by Prof. Dr. Mirjana Devetakovic, Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade, Servia
Moving Forward: strategies to expand the OIKODOMOS Virtual Campus.